rss
0

Soccer – Benitez to stick with Newcastle

Manager Rafael Benitez says he is not prepared to throw in the towel at Newcastle United, who are 5/2 with bet365 to be relegated this season, despite a frustrating transfer window. The Spaniard had hoped to receive the funds needed to strengthen his relegation-threatened team but has so far only managed to add one new face to his party, landing Kenedy on loan from Chelsea. Having spoken out during the summer at what he perceived as a lack of investment in the playing staff, it was feared a frustrating January might have pushed Benitez to consider his options. However, he says a lack of new arrivals will not prompt him to walk away from the Magpies. "My future is very simple and very clear," Benitez said ahead of Wednesday's match against Burnley. "Still we have one day for doing business. After that, still we can analyse where we are. "But I don't think that will change too much because I have a responsibility to the fans, to the players, to the club. I understand. I have been here for a while and I understand the feelings of everyone.”

About the Author

Comments are closed.