rss
0

Sampdoria edging closer to Eto’o deal

January 19, 2015 10:26:27 UK

Sampdoria president Massimo Ferrero has revealed he is waiting on Everton to agree to let striker Samuel Eto’o leave Goodison Park.

The 33-year-old moved to Goodison Park in August after his contract with Premier League leaders Chelsea expired but has made only eight starts so far this season, scoring just three goals, in a frustrating spell on Merseyside which has coincided with the club’s poor run of form which has yielded just one win in 12 games in all competitions.

Everton manager Roberto Martinez confirmed on Wednesday officials had been contacted by two unnamed clubs regarding the Cameroon veteran and Serie A high-flyers Sampdoria are understood to be leading the chase for his signature.

The under-pressure Spaniard denied he has fallen out with the former Barcelona and Inter Milan goal-getter and said he had been anticipating speculation that Eto’o could leave in the January transfer window.

Ferrero revealed he was waiting on Goodison Park officials to give him the green light to bring the former Spanish and Italian title winner to Stadio Comunale Luigi Ferraris and is confident a deal can be done.

“I’ve met the lad, he’s a champion,” Ferrero told RAI Sport.

“We’re waiting on the okay from Everton.”

Sinisa Mihajlovic’s Sampdoria secured a 2-0 win away to Parma at Stadio Ennio Tardini in Serie A on Sunday and are on the same 33 points as Napoli in third place in the race to secure a Champions League place at the end of the season.

Sampdoria are currently priced 13.00 to secure a top three-finish in Italy’s Serie A at the end of the season. 

Looking for more from bet365? Follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook or +1 us on Google+ for fun competitions, special offers & much more!

Don’t forget, all Serie A matches are covered by the bet365 100% Euro Soccer Bonus, where you could earn a bonus of up to 100% on your returns on pre-match accumulator bets.

View all Soccer betting

About the Author

Comments are closed.